At Plowman & Partners we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way. This procedure is based on these objectives.
If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service please let us know as soon as possible to allow us to address your concerns promptly. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint. Please address all complaints to Sam Joyce. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the partner, unless you do not wish this to happen.
1. If you have a complaint please call the practice to discuss your concerns. In the first instance we will always offer you an opportunity to speak to the partner responsible for your care. If your partner is not available at the time, then we will inform you of when you can expect your call to be returned. Our team will take brief details of your complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if you do not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
2. If you prefer to complain in writing, the letter or email will be passed on immediately to the complaints manager.
3. If we cannot resolve your complaint immediately it will be acknowledged in writing within 5 working days and we aim to provide a full response within 10 working days.
4. We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely. Only those persons who need to know about your complaint are informed about it and can access it.
5. In some cases the investigation may take longer than 10 working days, in which case you will be informed about the reason for the delay, the progress of the investigation and the proposed date it will be completed.
6. When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing. At your request a meeting can be arranged to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer to you.
We regularly analyse patient complaints to learn from them and to improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback, comments, suggestions and complaints. If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can take it further, please see the contacts below.
If you are still unhappy with the result of our procedure then a complaint can be made to: The Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, CR0 6BA. Tel: 0208 253 0800 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Care Quality Commission, Tel: 03000 61 61 61 or visit www.CQC.org.uk The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals. Tel: 020 7167 6000 or visit www.gdc-uk.org
We understand that many people are apprehensive of dental treatment but our sympathetic team use the most modern techniques to ensure your treatment is as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
If you are looking for a dentist in Central London, we look forward to meeting you.
Please phone the practice on 020 7580 2551/1828 or use the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page to arrange your consultation.